The winter season can take it’s toll on even the most rugged woodsman. Snow piles are mounting, the suns rays are a rarity, at best. Stress is at an all time high this time of year for most of us. I stumbled across this article while seeking healthy remedies for the treatment of stress and found it worth the share.
Feeling stressed out? Before you go reaching for a pint of comforting Ben & Jerry’s, consider that your body might need certain nutrients to help ward off the blues you’re feeling. Oftentimes, stress and anxiety are the byproducts of irregular levels of certain nutrients or hormones in our bodies. Maintaining a diet full of certain nutrient-rich foods, however, can help stave off those irregularities, keeping your body — and mind — in the best shape possible.
Try munching on any of these 8 healthy foods the next time you’re feeling frazzled. The following 8 foods help your body fight stress:
- Asparagus – folic acid to combat depression
- Almonds – rich in Vitamins B2 and E
- Avocado – great source of B Vitamins
- Milk – calcium to ease anxiety
- Blueberries – high in antioxidants and Vitamin C
- Broccoli – loaded with Vitamin C
- Salmon – omega 3 fatty acids to reduce stress hormones
- Spinach – magnesium to control cortisol levels